Morocco National Tours offers camel trekking in 2 regions, with high quality Saharan desert camps giving you a taste of traditional life and cuisine in the dunes. Note that, unlike many other camps, you’ll enjoy comfortable mattresses, good sanitation, hot water and excellent food, which should combine to make an unforgettable visit to the spectacular dunes.
Most trips involve a ride by camel to the camp where you’ll sleep in nomads’ tents, while others must be by 4×4 due to the vast distance from a paved road. Longer treks may be arranged on request.
We offer camel treks beginning from 2 regions on the edge of the Sahara:
• Merzouga – ideal for those wishing to combine the Sahara with Marrakech or Fez, and you’ll see the most accessible large dunes (150 m high) in the Moroccan Sahara.
• Zagora and M’Hamid – ideal for those wanting to make their desert trip part of the Taroudant/ Atlantic Coast circuit to the west. Less frequented by tourists and have the highest (and some of the most remote) dunes in Morocco (300 m high), at Chagaga.
Preparation will secure success!
In preparation for your Moroccan adventure, the Following is a list of things to consider packing that will make your trip as smooth and comfortable as possible.
▶ Personal Identification (drivers license)
▶ Passport and visa if required
▶ Airline Tickets
▶ Traveller’s Checks
▶ Credit Cards
▶ Travel Insurance
▶ Health Documentation
▶ Emergency Information
▶ Guide books & maps
▶ Photocopies of Documentation: (passport and tickets).
You can also scan these, upload them to the internet and email them to yourself. Internet access is widely available in all major cities and most small ones in Morocco).
▶ Feminine hygiene products (tampons, etc.)
▶ Shampoo, Conditioner
▶ Shaving Cream, razor
▶ Toilet paper/ Mini-Tissues (12 pack)
▶ Tooth brush, tooth paste
▶ Conservative clothing is worn throughout Morocco (clothes should not be tight or too revealing)
▶ Bathing suit (for beach resorts, hotel)
▶ Brimmed Hat, Visor, Hat, headscarf
▶ Long skirts, dresses or pants (for women)
▶ For summer: light weigh clohting
▶ Windbreaker or warm sweater for cooler months and desert cool air.
▶ Travel Footwear: broken in sneakers or hiking shoes, sandals, socks.
▶ Camera & Film (Kodak and Fuji is easy to find in Morocco but expensive)
▶ Video Camera & Tapes
▶ Extra Camera Batteries
▶ International Electrical plug adapter and or converter
▶Flashlight / extra bulb
A few things to keep in mind .
• Private A/C Vehicle, 4WD Toyota Land Cruiser + fuel
• The drivers are English speaking, but bear in mind it is not their native language.
• Pick up & Drop off at your Hotel or Riad Accommodation
• Ensuite rooms with A/C in typical hotels, Kasbahs & Riads with dinner and breakfast (Vegetarians or Special diet are welcome)
• Camel Trek to overnight in nomad desert bivouac with guide(Private tents)
• Free time to explore the sites at leisure .
• Sightseeing stops for making pictures
• Tour transport is by minibus unless otherwise specified
• Entry Fees for Monuments
Get a Free Quote
NOTE : We are flexible and all the tours can be modified to suit your specific needs and interests. If you have a different route in mind please let us know and we will offer a tour tailored to your specific requirements
THE PRICE depends on the accommodations. CLICK HERE TO BOOK Now